|Home||Contact Us||Admission Prices||Payouts||Points||Race Results||Rules||Schedule|
2013 CRUISER RULES
1. 8 cylinder car is acceptable providing it meets safety requirements. Min. wheelbase is 108". No lengthening or shortening of the body or frame allowed.
2. All doors must be welded, chained or bolted shut.
3. Front inner fenders may be removed. Rears must be at least 1/2 there in stock location. Front and rear firewalls must remain intact. Stock bumpers must be chained to frame. Nerf bars allowed.
4. All cars must have number on both doors and on the top (18" or larger) and must be very visible.
5. DOT steel belted radials only. All tires must be 14" or 15". No grooving or siping. No racing tires allowed.
6. 8" maximum width for wheels and they must be racing or stock. No aluminum. 1" lug nuts only on all 4 wheels. NO HOMEMADE WHEELS ALLOWED.
7. No adjustable sway bars.
8. Locked rear ends allowed.
9. Shock must be in stock location. Only 1 shock per wheel. No racing shocks or springs. Springs must be stock appearing.
10. Spoiler allowed. Quick steer ok.
11. Car and driver must weigh 3400 lbs. after feature.
12. Extra weight must be bolts or secured and approved by technician.
13. All added weights must be painted white and numbered to the car.
14. Stock automatic transmissions with working torque convertors. Must have stock shifting patterns. No manual or racing transmissions allowed. 11" diameter minimum working torque convertor. All gears must work. Can use powerglide automatic transmission.
15. Stock unaltered A-Frame mounts and trailing arm mounts.
16. Must have 4 wheel working brakes. No brake bias or aftermarket pedals allowed.
17. Due to the fact big body cars are getting hard to find, you are allowed to fabricate aluminum or sheet metal body but must appear stock but car and driver still must weigh 3400 lbs. after feature.
1. 361 C.I. -- 3.48 stroke -- .060 bore. No stroking of any kind.
2. Flat top or dish pistons. Piston must remain in block. 5.7 rods allowed. No aftermarket rods allowed.
3. Crankshafts must be stock. No lightening of crank. No aftermarkets allowed.
4. Stock Holley 4412 -- 2 barrel carb. (will be gauged). Choke horn must remain. 2 barrel Stock height unaltered aluminum intake only. Adaptor are allowed. No spacers. 1" maximum thickness. Q-jet must use stock cast iron unaltered intake.
5. Stock heads 72cc and up. 305 heads are allowed. No vortexes. 1.94 and 1.5 valve size.. Under valve porting only. No runner or intake porting.
6. Stock iron intake. No bowties. No porting or polishing. No fuel injection.
7. 1.5 steel stock rockers only. No roller rockers allowed. Screw in studs & guide plates allowed. Stud girdles are allowed.
8. 450 lift camshafts including rockers. Must be hydraulic.
9. Stock Manifolds. No center dumps or truck manifolds allowed. Optional: headers (no step headers or 180 degree headers allowed) can be run but must add 50 lbs to car. (3450 lbs)
10. One piece rear main seal steel blocks allowed. Must run adapter for old style crank.
11. Stock type distributors. NO msd type ignition. No fireboxes.
12. 9" inch Ford rearend drum brakes no floaters allowed
GAS TANK INSTALLATION
1. The stock tank must be removed and replaced with a fuel cell. Fuel cell must be in a metal case. No exceptions.
Tank must be secured by at least 2 straps over the tank. must be 1 1/2 X 1 1/8" strips.
2. No holes allowed in trunk lid. One fuel tank only.
3. The fuel line must exit from the top of the tank. No fuel lines in the driver's compartment.
4. A complete firewall must be seal the trunk area from the driver's compartment. No aluminum inside the car for front or rear firewalls.
5. Installation subject to the inspection by the technical inspector.
1. All drivers must wear helmets, seat belts, long sleeve shirts and long pants.
2. Made for racing window nets mandatory.
3. Must have screen in place of windshield. With 3 or 4 3/8 minimum bar behind screen.
4. All cars must have a working fire extinguisher in car.
5. Rear seat, headliner and carpet must be removed.
ROLL BAR & CAGE INSTALLATION
Must be built from steel tubing (no pipe of any kind) 1 1/2 O.D. x .095" wall thickness. All tubing must be welded with ARC, MIG or TIG. Full 4 post roll cage with at least 1 horizontal bar behind driver from left to right, in the main roll bar a diagonal brace from top to bottom in the main roll bar, a minimum of 3 horizontal door bars in passenger side, 2 braces from top of main roll bar down to trunk floor (behind rear axle), a horizontal bar from left to right between front cage post at dash height, and 2 braces or snout hoop forward from dash brace to front subframe horns. Other bars or braces to protect radiators, etc. are allowable, but must remain inside body lines.
CRUISER PROTEST (NO GRUDGE PROTEST)
$200.00 cash tear down rule. Any driver is subject to protest by any other driver in the same division if said driver is on the lead lap. Protest must be within 5 minutes from the end of feature race. $200.00 cash must be paid to the Technical Inspector. Protest pertains to carburetor, intake, heads, exhaust and top of piston stroke. The track will retain $50.00 of tear down fee. Winner of protest will receive $150.00 cash. If you refuse to tear down all points and money is lost for that night. The track will keep $50.00 regardless of the outcome. $400 for complete engine tear down.
After winning 3 features, the track has the option to tear you down. If you are found legal, the track will give you $100 for use to purchase gaskets etc.
POINTS (Must compete 12 weeks to be eligible for points)
All points will go to the driver. No teams allowed.
Refusal to permit inspection will result in immediate disqualification.
Technical Inspector’s Decision Is Final!
** Winner of feature must start in rear of next feature you race.