|Home||Contact Us||Admission Prices||Payouts||Points||Race Results||Rules||Schedule|
2014 RUSTY BOLT RULES
IF IT DOESN’T SAY IT; YOU CAN’T DO IT. SEE RULE #13 AND #15
The following rules and regulations shall supersede all previous rules and regulations published.
1. Any V6 or V8 cylinder car is acceptable providing it meets safety requirements.
2. Chevy’s allowed with 305’s only. Maximum .20 in the hole. Maximum .60 Bore. No 307s, No Vortex Heads Allowed, 305 heads only. Fords allowed with 302's only. 307 Olds allowed . Engine must be same make as the make of the car. GM-GM, Ford-Ford. Camshafts must be hydraulic. No rollers. .410 - .390 max. lift
3. All glass must be removed, must have screen in place of windshield.
4. No high performance or race parts permitted! Aluminum Pulleys and Aluminum Radiators allowed.
5. All doors must be welded, chained and bolted shut!
6. No modifications to suspension or engine. Bodies must remain as stock as possible. Fender wells may be trimmed for tire clearance. Front inner fender wells can be removed. Rear inner fender wells must remain in place! Head and tail lights must be removed. NO THIRD BRAKE LIGHTS. Stock bumpers with small nerf bar allowed. Bumper must be chained to frame. No Mirrors ALLOWED
7. All cars must have number on both sides and on top (18” or larger).
8. locked rear ends ok. 9 inch Ford rearends are ok.
9. All tires must be steel belted radials and same size (14” or 15”- no stagger). No grooving allowed.
10. 1” lug nuts on all wheels. No aluminum wheels allowed. Can run stock rims or 7" racing wheels... 1 beadlock allowed (right side only). No wheel spacers or homemade wheels allowed.
11. No Holley Carbs. Intake must be stock cast iron. Quadrajets or Holley 4412 with max. of a 1 inch spacer. Must be stock and no alterations.
12. Tow chain on front and back of car mandatory
13. Car must be stock/factory. NO modifications to motor, suspension or cars.
14. One shock per wheel. No painted shocks and stock bilstein shocks allowed. Stock shocks only. Front shocks must be identical. Front & Rear springs must be identical. No racing springs allowed.
15. Stock from factory cars, engines and transmissions. Manual transmissions are allowed with a stock flywheel, pressure plate and clutch.
16. K&N Air filters and breathers in valve covers are allowed.
17. Racing Oil pans and racing valve covers are allowed.
18. No quick steer but aftermarket power steering pumps are allowed.
19. If adding weight must be painted white and have car number on them.
20. Must weigh 3500 lbs with driver.
1. All drivers must wear helmets, seat belts, long sleeves and long pants!
2. Made for Racing Window nets are mandatory! Must have screen in place of windshield!
3. All cars must have a working fire extinguisher in car!
4. Rear seat, headliner and carpet must be removed!
5. Trunk must stay intact except for the fuel cell cutout. Gas tank or boat tank can be strapped in trunk. Must have steel fire wall between tank and driver and fuel line must exit from top!
6. Brakes must work on all 4 wheels. No brake bias.
ROLL BAR AND ROLL CAGE INSTALLATION
Must be built from steel tubing (no pipe of any kind) 1 1/2 O.D.(min.) x .095" wall thickness. All tubing must be welded with ARC, MIG or TIG. Full 4 post roll cage with at least 1 horizontal bar behind driver from left to right, in the main roll bar a diagonal brace from top to bottom in the main roll bar, a minimum of 3 horizontal door bars in passenger side, 2 braces from top of main roll bar down to trunk floor (behind rear axle), a horizontal bar from left to right between front cage post at dash height. Other bars or braces to protect radiators, etc. are allowable, but must remain inside body lines.
If not using a full cage then must meet the below requirements:
Six point roll-over bars are mandatory. Roll Bar padding mandatory where driver touches cage!
Door plates (Plate size 1/4” x 12”) and must extend past front and center post and must remain inside the firewalls.
Refusal to permit inspection will result in immediate disqualification!
RUSTY BOLT PROTEST (NO GRUDGE PROTEST)
$200.00 cash tear down rule. Any driver is subject to protest by any other driver in the same division if said driver is on the lead lap. Protest must be within 5 minutes from the end of feature race. $200.00 cash must be paid to the Technical Inspector. Protest pertains to carburetor, intake, heads, exhaust and top of piston stroke. The track will retain $50.00 of tear down fee. Winner of protest will receive $150.00 cash. If you refuse to tear down all points and money is lost for that night. The track will keep $50.00 regardless of the outcome. $400 for complete engine tear down.
After winning 3 features, the track has the option to tear you down. If you are found legal, the track will give you $55 for use to purchase gaskets etc.
Technical Inspector’s decision is final
Points, money and trophies given to this division! No teams or riders allowed.
(Must compete 12 weeks to be eligible for points)
** Winner of feature must start in rear of next feature you race.